The neuroinformatics laboratory is located on the third floor of the NTIS building (laboratory number: UN 323). It is equipped with a soundproof cabin (see in Fig. 1) and Skoda Octavia car simulator (see in Fig. 2).
The following devices are used for experiments:
- standard EEG caps placed according to 10-20 system with 19 electrodes,
- the wireless neuroheadsets (Emotiv: EPOC, mindTec: MindCap XL Headband, NeuroSky: MindWave),
- two EEG amplifiers (V-Amp: The BCI Amplifier, BrainAmp DC),
- audiometer for measuring the acuity of hearing,
- odd-ball protocol stimulator (own production),
- stimulation device for cognitive research (own production),
- the wireless biosensors for monitoring tested subject (blood pulse, respiration rate, EKG, GSR),
- different kinds of stimulation devices (LED Matrix panel 8x8, Headphones, computer with stimulation protocol using Presentation software)
- the computers with the software for storing and analyzing data (BrainVision Recorder, BrainVision Analyzer 2).
Our neuroinformatics laboratory is shown in Fig. 3.
Figure 1: soundproof cabin
Figure 2: car simulator
Figure 3: EEG laboratory
These EEG/ERP experiments are performed in our laboratory:
- Driver's attention during monotonous driving (visual and auditory stimulation)
- Traditional oddball EEG/ERP and experiments (visual stimulation, e.g. based on the LED stimulation)
- Steady state visually evoked potential (SSVEP) experiments (visual stimulation, e.g. based on the LED stimulation)
- Attention of children with developmental coordination disorder (visual and auditory stimulation)